2019-20 NBA Season
started the NHL thread just now, might as well start this one too.
AD to the Lakers, win-now mode as everyone thinks they've got a shot...

Fully operational Death Star returns in 2021, just wait.  We'll be back.
Anthony Davis is a great player but am I the only one that thinks LA over paid by a lot? Especially considering hes made every one fully aware be intends to with the Lakers the following year when he becomes a free agent.
1997-2027 Complete Train Wreck!!!
2028,2029, 2037, 2039, 2040 and 2041 Roehm Division Champions
2029, 2037, and 2041 Blizzard League Champions
2029, and 2037 Winners of the Weaver Cup of Ultimate Power!!!
(06-17-2019, 05:50 PM)rastasquad Wrote: Anthony Davis is a great player but am I the only one that thinks LA over paid by a lot? Especially considering hes made every one fully aware be intends to with the Lakers the following year when he becomes a free agent.

They overpaid according to Analysts. They are comparing this deal to the Celtics/Nets trade. If the Lakers sign another star this could be a really good deal for them. Time will tell
(06-17-2019, 05:50 PM)rastasquad Wrote: Anthony Davis is a great player but am I the only one that thinks LA over paid by a lot? Especially considering hes made every one fully aware be intends to with the Lakers the following year when he becomes a free agent.

LA is a market that only pays attention to titles and stars.  Six years out of the playoffs, Lebron only around for 3 more years, Warriors take a step back (off a cliff?) due to injuries?  Heck ya you go for it and sign AD.  Should be able to sign a 3rd max player too.  Kawhi experiment shows this approach can pay dividends in the NBA.
(06-17-2019, 11:46 AM)havana Wrote: Fully operational Death Star returns in 2021, just wait.  We'll be back.

okay maybe not... but if the Curry/Thompson/Green core can somehow eke out another title win, I think it'll be the most fun to root for, maybe even more than 15.
man this NBA offseason is wild.  can hardly imagine what weaver free agency would look like under a salary cap system..